This is one of my favourite for a super-quick tasty breakfast or anytime snack. I simply love this, for I can prepare it with leftover chicken from last night which saves my time and effort yet is very tasty. All you need is few ingredients and you have a mouthful bite of a delicious sandwich.
Egg-Chicken grilled sandwichCourse: Quick Snack, BreakfastCuisine: ContinentalDifficulty: Easy
8 slices of wheat/brown bread (or any variant)
½ cup pre-cooked shredded boneless Chicken
4 hard boiled Eggs (chopped into dices)
2 tsp chopped spring onion (optional)
2 tsp chopped coriander leaves (optional)
4 to 5 tsp of Mayonnaise
Butter for grill
1 tsp of crushed Black pepper
Salt to taste
Tomato ketchup for serving
- In a mixing bowl take the boiled eggs and mash them with a fork. Add the chicken, spring onion, coriander, salt, black pepper and mayonnaise. Mash and mix all the ingredients thoroughly with the help of fork.
- Take four slices of bread and spread the mixture in each of the bread uniformly and cover each of them with another slice.
- Place a frying pan or grill pan over flames. Once hot, add spoonful butter and place the sandwiches. Cook each side for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Slice the sandwiches into halves and serve hot with ketchup.
- Taste the filling, for salt and pepper, before spreading it on bread.
- If you are using last night leftover chicken to prepare the filling, remove the bones first.
- You can also add other condiments like garlic powder, onion flakes, chilli flakes, pizza mixtures etc. to prepare the filling.
- To save time I directly grill the sandwiches with butter. You can also spread the butter on top and bottom of the sandwiches first before placing them in the pan.
- You can also prepare the same sandwich with only egg or only chicken for an even simpler version.
Pamper yourself with this delicious quick sandwich and enjoy. Till then cheers to life!!! Cheers to food!!! Happy Savoury Dreamz!!!