Egg salad is one of my favourite English breakfasts and a great dish to celebrate the New Year morning with. I had this for the first time with my friends while on a trip. One of our friends wanted to have an elaborate English breakfast and dragged all of us into it. But yes, we all enjoyed and ended up going to the same place again, the very next day, especially for the Egg Salad. Overall the food was basic but tasty. But their Egg Salad simply took my heart. Once back home, I immediately tried preparing the same and got a nice appreciation. So, I thought of sharing the recipe with you all with a little me-touch.
Egg SaladCourse: BreakfastCuisine: ContinentalDifficulty: Easy
5 hard boiled Eggs, chopped into small cubes
1 small Onion, finely chopped
1-2 tsp freshly chopped coriander
1 Cucumber, sliced
1 Tomato, sliced
3 tsp Mayonnaise
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp Lemon juice
Salt to taste
1tsp crushed Black Pepper
2 to 3 Black olives, chopped (optional)
1 tsp Chilli flakes (optional)
Red pepper, sliced, for garnish (optional)
- Take a large mixing bowl. Add chopped boiled eggs, onions, chopped coriander, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, black olives, chilli flakes, lemon juice, salt, pepper and gently mix together.
- Take a serving plate and place fresh lettuce leaves. Put sliced cucumber and tomatoes over the lettuce. Place the egg salad mixture over it and garnish with red pepper slices. Serve it with some plain toasts or garlic breads.
- Since egg is the key ingredient of this salad it should be cooked to perfection: Place the eggs inside a pan of hot boiling water. Boil for 8 to 9 minutes to get fully hard boiled eggs. Remove from heat and place the eggs in ice cold water or running cold water. Once cooled down peel off the eggshell. Perfectly boiled eggs are ready.
- I also sometimes like to add some roughly chopped green capsicum for a little crunch.
- Please check salt and pepper before serving for the optimum requirement. Later on one can add as per own preference.
- This egg salad can also make perfect sandwiches. Just wrap it with two breads and its ready.
Go for this effortless salad at home and share your experience with me. The creaminess of this salad is bound to make your day!!!
Wish you all a very Happy and Prosperous New Year!! Cheers to life!!!